Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Beginning

Well I never did figure that an 80’s song titled “One night in Bangkok” would have inspired me to give a title for my latest blog. But I guess having Gangtok sounding like Bangkok does help you at times. Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Ashish Rahulan Eyyani (pretty long name eh) & I happen to be a lazy couch potato most of the times. And then there are these rare bursts when I decide to go over visiting places & chilling out with friends.

So it didn’t require me to think for more than 2 seconds, when my pal had called up and asked me whether I would join him for a trip to Gangtok, to say “Yes” for the proposition. Well it’s another fact that I did back out from that plan after having booked my tickets. This I owe to the egoistical prick of my character. Bonnie, Nigel if you guys are reading this, I am real sorry mates for craw fishing out on you guys.

So then I went around assembling a motley crew of my own & planned a different schedule for the same destination. And that’s how One Night In Gangtok was born. As with any trip, a plan was formulated & many probabilities were zeroed in & somehow or the other we all decided to finally embark on this trip. What we were up for only time would be able to tell, but till then I went around sipping my vodka & being the very couch potato I am.

No comments: